These are so delicious. Easy to prepare and what I really love is that there is very little batter.
- ½ pound/3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour.
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Olive or vegetable oil for frying.
- Chop broccoli into ½-1 inch chunks. Steam for 4-5 minutes, until tender but not fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, flour, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper with a whisk until combined. Add broccoli.
- With a large fork or potato masher, mush the broccoli until soft and incorporated, but not unrecognizable. Stir everything together with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter in ⅛ cup portions into hot oil and press down lightly with a spatula to flatten. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with ranch or any other preferred dip, or alone with a squeeze of lemon.